Easy chicken Manchurian


I had my first Chicken Manchurian in a Chinese restaurant in UAE (United Arab Emirates). To me it felt like this dish will consume so much time to be prepared. The blend of spices and the texture of the chicken made me think so, but I was wrong!
Chicken Manchurian is an easy dish to make. I couldn’t believe it when I first saw a Chef preparing it on TV.

chicken manchurian
Chicken Manchurian.
Something else caught my attention, all the Chefs who prepared Chicken Manchurian, were either Indians or Pakistanis! I haven’t seen a Chinese Chef making Chicken Manchurian, yet! 
I tried to get on google.com and find out the origin of this dish. I got more confused and found no straight answer, so my GUESS is, originally Chicken Manchurian is a Chinese dish which later got modified to match Indian cuisine, so it’s kind of Indo-Chinese mix.
chicken manchurian
I am done researching, and to be honest it doesn’t really matter to me, I just want to cook Chicken Manchurian and eat it.

chicken manchurian
Chicken Manchurian
Prep Time
10 mins
Cook Time
30 mins
Total Time
40 mins
 
Impress your guests and serve Chicken Manchurian, they will love it and your family too!
Course: Main Meal
Cuisine: indo - Chinese
Servings3
Ingredients
  • **Chicken Marinade:
  • 3 skinless chicken thighs cut into cubes
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 4 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • ¼ teaspoon black pepper
  • Enough oil to deep fry the chicken
  • **For the sauce:
  • 4 garlic minced
  • 2 dry red chili
  • 1 teaspoon minced ginger
  • 1 small onion finely sliced
  • 4 teaspoon soy sauce
  • ¼ cup green pepper cut in cubes
  • 2 spring onion chopped
  • 2 1/2 cup chicken stock or 2 1/2 cups water mixed with one chicken bouillon
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
  • **To thicken the sauce:
  • 3 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with three tablespoon water
Instructions
  1. **Frying the chicken:
  2. Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl, and then add the chicken. Keep aside for five minutes.
  3. In a deep frying pan add oil, when hot add the chicken and fry until golden in color. Keep aside.
  4. **Making the sauce:
  5. In a pan, add oil when hot, add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic, dry chili, ginger, and sauté for one minute. Add the rest of sauce ingredients and let it come to a boil.
  6. Mix three tablespoon of cornstarch with three tablespoon water and add to the previous sauce. Keep stirring until it thickens then add the fried chicken and mix well.
  7. Then serve hot hot tasty chicken Manchurian 
  8. Thanks for reading my posts😃😃

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy strawberry cake

DEWALI FESTIVAL

Important matter of parsley